Exposure to Industry Program (EIP)
In 2012, the UC San Diego Postdoctoral Association created a new career development program called the Exposure to Industry Program (EIP).
EIP MISSION: To provide UC San Diego Postdoctoral Scholars opportunities to learn about the rich biotech, pharmaceutical, high-tech, and medical device companies in the San Diego area through sponsored company site visits. Our aim is to expose UC San Diego Postdoctoral Scholars to various career options in industry, help them create a valuable professional network, and contribute to the growth of San Diego’s economy.
Please stay tuned. We are in the process of preparing a visit with Eli Lilly in the Fall of 2016.
How does EIP benefit UCSD Postdoc community?
- Provides free visits to Biotech/Pharma/HighTech companies in the San Diego area
- Allows Postdocs to learn about corporate cultures
- Exposes Postdocs to industry trends and careers paths
- Creates a platform for Postdocs to network with industry employees
- Provides career guidance
How does EIP benefit companies?
- Companies gain first-hand access to incredibly talented UCSD Postdocs
- Increases the company’s involvement within the community
- Creates opportunity to use the visits as a platform for advertising novel products and technologies
- Increases the potential for collaborations
- Enhances awareness of the company via our website
Our most recent visits include:
- BASF (02/12/2016)
- Janssen (04/06/2016)
- Pfizer (05/19/2016)
- ACEA Biosciences (06/23/2016)
- Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation (GNF) (07/15/2016)
- Eli Lilly (10/21/2016)
For further information about Exposure to Industry Program (EIP), please contact us at: email@example.com